Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

June 22, 2014

Wash Day: Two Strand Twist Adventures

My wash day did not start as planned.  I was so tired last night I didn't even try to prepoo.  And when I woke up this morning I was in pain so I was debating putting it off and calling a stylist to wash me up later this week.  My hair was a poof ball and a bit dry so I said screw and it got my lazy gear out of the way and got to work on my hair.  So here is how the day went and observations I want to share about each.

  1. I covered the length of my hair mostly with the Organix DC and mixed in a bit of the Moroccan Oil DC while waiting for the Strong Roots to warm up a bit before adding it to my scalp.
  2. I covered my hair with a plastic cap and my bonnet and waited about 3 hours before getting to the next phase.
  3. I rinsed my hair with warm/hot water and was amazed at how well my hair had taken in some moisture in my shortened prepoo.  If I could have stopped here and my hair felt clean and ready to go I probably would have.
  4. I washed my hair first with my Moroccan Oil moisturizing shampoo and then the Organix Macadamia Oil shampoo. My hair felt great actually.  Just not tangle free.
  5. I three stepped the conditioner as normal.  Moroccan Oil gave my hair good slip and felt tangle free.  Aphogee 2 Minute gave my hair some strength but not super soft.  Mizani gave me back the slip and softness and the feeling that my hair was buttery in a good way lol.
  6. I towel dried and then added my Dr. Miracle's DC for about 30 minutes before rinsing out at the sink.
  7. I t-shirt dried for a little over an hour and my hair really was loving all the attention.  It was strong and healthy looking and felt very moisturized.
  8. I opted for just It's a 10 as my liquid for the LOC method.  I only used the TIL oil treatment for my oil and just the As I Am leave in for the rest of that step and then used my three combs to detangle, moderate hair loss but that's from two days of lazy.
  9. And because I wasn't feeling like doing a full roller set I went for two strand twists.  I ended up with seven of them I think about medium sized and then set the ends on flexirods.
  10. I tied down my edges and then covered the whole thing in a bonnet and have been that way since about 3 this afternoon--which hopefully means my hair is dry before I need to head to work in 10 hours.
I hadn't really thought about it till just now but my hair could have been getting more love because I have been upping my water intake dramatically.  Most days I am at least drinking about 72 ounces of water if not 96 ounces depending on what I am up to.  Because I have let my weight keep climbing that's not half my body weight yet but it's way more than I have had on a regular basis in the last year.  I still have my V8 Fusion but it's not my go to option anymore.  I have only had a bottle in the last week and that was because none of my water was ice cold--it has to be ice cold or I kinda hate it lol.  Thanks to the Minute Maid fruit punch drops and now the Mio fruit punch drops I've been doing great.  I made it back to the gym twice last week and plan on getting back there tomorrow after work.  What's up with you ladies?

The Wash Day Experience


  1. good luck on both your hair and weight loss journey hun. You can do this!!

  2. Thanks I'm getting back into it slowly but surely. I will stat doing a better job of documenting the working out along with the hair care stuff as well.